Termination of VoIP traffic is one of the most profitable lines of the telecommunications business. If you apply a competent approach, you can get a stable high profit on converting calls from VoIP format to GSM. In order to successfully make money, it is important to choose a major operator in the country where you plan to terminate traffic. One of the world’s largest GSM operators is Etisalat, which has a subscriber base consisting of more than 167 million users.
The Etisalat brand is owned by the telecommunications company Emirates Telecommunications (United Arab Emirates). The mobile operator provides communication services in 18 countries (Middle East, Asia, and Africa). Many of these countries are promising in terms of termination of voice traffic. You can choose one of them as a direction for terminating calls. It should be noted that Etisalat is the largest international traffic operator in the Middle East and the African continent.
The list of countries, in which Etisalat operates:
- The United Arab Emirates. The subscriber base is 11.6 million users. It is the largest mobile operator in the Emirates.
- Saudi Arabia. It operates in the local market under the Mobily brand and is the second largest operator in the country, servicing a subscriber base of more than 20 million users.
- Sri Lanka. It works under the brand Etisalat Lanka after it has acquired shares of Tigo, which is the trademark owned by the first mobile operator of Sri Lanka - Millicom.
- Morocco. Etisalat is the first global communications operator in Morocco, operating under the trademark Maroc Telecom, which joined the Etisalat Group in 2014.
- Pakistan. Etisalat acquired the local telecommunications company PTCL, which is the largest in Pakistan.
- Afghanistan. Etisalat Afghanistan is the fastest growing provider of communication services in the country.
- Nigeria. It is one of the largest operators in the local mobile market, with the number of connections exceeding 25 million.
- Mauritania. It operates in the local market under the Mauritel brand and is the leading telecommunications company in Mauritania. Market coverage is over 60%.
- Egypt. Etisalat Egypt is the third mobile operator in Egypt, actively competing with local units of Vodafone and Orange. It serves 99% of the country's population.
- Mali. The local trademark Malitel, the second-largest GSM operator in the country, is owned by Etisalat Group.
- West Africa (Central African Republic, Gabon, Togo, Benin, Niger, Burkina Faso, Côte d'Ivoire). In these countries, Etisalat provides cellular services under the Moov brand. In each of them, GSM covers about 60% of the territory. The total number of Etisalat subscribers in West Africa is more than 50 million.
Many of the above countries in Africa and Asia are popular among terminators. You can read about the most profitable routes for terminating ip voice traffic on the African continent here.