A high-quality Internet connection is one of the most important factors that affects the success in VoIP GSM termination business. Good Internet is necessary for the normal operation of equipment and efficient termination of calls. In addition, the quality of the Internet connection directly affects the quality of the routing, which you sell to originators, namely, ACD/ASR.
Statistics on calls is the first thing that a transit operator pays attention to when buying a route for the final termination of mobile voice traffic. First of all, such indicators as average call duration and the ratio of unsuccessful calls to the total number of calls are considered. If the ACD/ASR is low, the route will not be in demand. Even if you buy it - it's at a minimum cost. Therefore, it is important to provide a high-speed Internet connection, in order to avoid communication hindrances, which lead to an increase in the number of short and zero calls.
So, consider the 5 main criteria for selecting an Internet provider, which the terminator should follow.
- Providing high-speed Internet access services. The minimum speed for each GSM channel of the gateway should be 42 Kbps. The more channels in one location you use, the faster the internet should be. The best option is to connect to the Internet that is provided at about 100 Mbps.
- Connection via fiber optic technology. Fiber-optic Internet connection is characterized by the high bandwidth, maximum security from the point of view of unauthorized interference into the network, low noise, good noise immunity, and high data transfer speed, including audio.
- Providing Internet services exclusively. The ISP should not be a GSM operator at the same time. Telecommunications companies that provide cellular services monitor termination by analyzing not only voice but also Internet traffic. Accordingly, when call termination is detected, the VoIP traffic is blocked by the provider.
- Internet coverage throughout the country. It is important that the provider's Internet networks cover a maximum of the territory or at least large cities. Then there is more chance that the Internet will run smoothly, providing a stable connection.
- Low-cost services. Since the Internet connection is one of the articles of the business costs of the terminator, pay attention to the pricing. In some countries, Internet services are very expensive, so it does not make sense to terminate there as the business can become unprofitable.
Are you working in the region with a poor-quality Internet connection? Use the useful program modules GoAntiFraud has to offer! The SBO module will increase the network bandwidth and help save on Internet services because it compresses traffic 3 times, without sacrificing voice data. Terminators will also benefit from the SIM-card autonomous work module, which ensures uninterrupted operation of the channels, even if the Internet connection fails. If the gateway and the SIM-bank are disconnected, the cards will not unload. The program simulates their presence in the slots for up to 6 hours.