Your earnings on termination depend on many factors, and the amount of business expenses is one of them. The lower your costs for renting an office to install equipment, for purchasing new SIM-cards and connecting the Internet are, the more money you will make. In this article, we will look at how much you have to spend on the Internet to work in the Philippines.
The market of Internet services is actively developing in the country. The penetration rate of the Internet is 55.5%, which is more than 57.6 million connections. Different types of connections represent access to the Internet: cable, fiber, FWA, LTE, DSL, and WiMAX. The major Internet service providers in the Philippines are PLDT and Globe Telecom.
PLDT offers a line of DSL and Fiber-Optic packages. The DSL line is represented by four unlimited Internet plans:
- PLAN 1299 provides up to 3 Mbps at $25 per month.
- PLAN 1699 provides up to 5 Mbps at $37 per month.
- PLAN 2899 provides up to 10 Mbps at $56 per month.
- PLAN 3499 provides up to 15 Mbps at $68 per month.
The packages that give access to the fiber-optic Internet are also represented by four unlimited options:
- PLAN 1699 provides up to 5 Mbps at $33 per month.
- PLAN 1899 provides up to 20 Mbps at $37 per month.
- PLAN 2899 provides up to 100 Mbps at $56 per month.
- PLAN 3499 provides up to 100 Mbps, with a Wi-FI router provided additionally. The connection is free. The monthly fee is $68.
The cost of connecting both DSL-Internet and fiber-optic is $10 (one-time payment). The exception is PLAN 3499 as its cost includes connection services.
Internet provider Globe offers 7 Internet plans but they are not unlimited:
- BROADBAND PLAN 1199 provides up to 5 Mbps at $23 per month. The data volume is 50 GB.
- BROADBAND PLAN 1299 Go Fast provides up to 10 Mbps at $25 per month. The amount of data is 100 GB.
- BROADBAND PLAN 1599 Go Fast provides up to 20 Mbps at $31 per month. The amount of data is 150 GB.
- BROADBAND PLAN 2499 provides up to 100 Mbps at $48 per month. The data volume is 1 TB.
- BROADBAND PLAN 4499 provides up to 200 Mbps at $87 per month. The data volume is 1.5 TB.
- BROADBAND PLAN 6999 provides up to 500 Mbps at $135 per month. The data volume is 3 TB.
- BROADBAND PLAN 9499 provides up to 1 Gbps at $184 per month. The data volume is 6 TB.
It is better off choosing an unlimited package from PLDT that gives access to the fiber optic Internet. PLAN 1899 is the best option for the ratio of speed and fee. You will get access to the Internet at 20 Mbps, which will ensure that your voip systems operate smoothly if you use the multi-channel equipment. Your monthly expenses for the Internet will be $37, with $250 per channel, on average.