Sierra Leone provides a high rate and cheap local mobile connection, which allow you to make over $600 per channel, doing the voice termination. But, in addition to spending on SIM-cards and outgoing calls, the terminator will have to spend money on Internet services. How much will it cost the terminator to use the Internet, suitable for efficient traffic termination in Sierra Leone?
By 2013, the local sector of Internet services was in poor condition. But the situation changed after connecting to the ACE subsea cable and conducting a highway that links the country with Liberia and Guinea, which significantly improved throughput. At the moment, Sierra Leone can use satellite, cable, fiber, and wireless Internet access. The average download speed in Sierra Leone is 3.3 Mbps. The coverage remains low in rural areas.
The popular ISPs in Sierra Leone are Sierra Tel and Onlime. Sierra Tel offers several lines for users, among them are Standard Packages and High Speed Packages. Let us consider in more detail what rates and tariffs each of them provides.
The Standard Packages range includes 4 packages:
- Starter. The speed is up to 4 Mbps, the cost is $40 per month.
- Silver. The speed is up to 12 Mbps, the cost is $60 per month.
- Bronze. The speed is up to 8 Mbps, the cost is $50 per month.
- Gold. The speed is up to 20 Mbps, the cost is $70 per month.
High Speed Packages include 5 Internet plans:
- Supreme. The speed is up to 25 Mbps, the cost is $100 per month.
- Ultra. The speed is up to 50 Mbps, the cost is $175 per month.
- Maxx. The speed is up to 100 Mbps, the cost is $330 per month.
- Maxx 200. The speed is up to 200 Mbps, the cost is $600 per month.
- Maxx 500. The speed is up to 500 Mbps, the cost is $1,300 per month.
The optimal solution for terminating traffic is the Gold package from the Standard Packages line. This Internet plan will cost you $70 per month while the download speed will be up to 20 Mbps. This is an excellent option for terminating via the multichannel gsm gateway t mobile.