Gabon attracts terminators as it provides a high rate and has a well-developed mobile sector. The penetration rate of cellular communication in the country is 192%. The market for Internet services is not so well developed but in Gabon, it is possible to connect the Internet using ADSL, VSAT, Fiber-Optic technologies for GSM termination. But how much will it cost?
Tariffs on Internet services in Gabon are considered quite high as there is no competition on the market. In the sector of Internet services, there is a monopolist - Gabon Telecom. The second provider that operates on the market is IG Telecom but it resells the services of the monopolist.
Due to high prices, Internet penetration in Gabon remains rather low. Nevertheless, the terminator can take advantage of some Internet plans, which will not be too expensive. The ADSL line includes the following packages:
- 512 bks. The speed is 512 Kbps; the cost of the service is $25 a month.
- 02 Mo. The speed is 2 Mbps; the cost of the service is $27 a month.
- 04 Mo. The speed is 4 Mbps; the cost of the service is $36 a month.
- 06 Mo. The speed is 6 Mbps; the cost of the service is $53 a month.
- 08 Mo. The speed is 8 Mbps; the cost of the service is $71 a month.
- 10 Mo. The speed is 10 Mbps; the cost of the service is $115 a month.
- 12 Mo. The speed is 12 Mbps; the cost of the service is $177 a month.
- 15 Mo. The speed is 15 Mbps; the cost of the service is $265 a month.
ADSL Internet connection costs $ 27.
Internet access busing FTTH technology is provided via 2 packages:
- Fiber Jet. You can choose the speed that suits you. The Internet at a speed of up to 10 Mbps will cost $45 a month; up to 20 Mbps - $71 a month; up to 50 Mbps - $80 a month.
- Fiber Super Jet. It offers 3 options of available speed to choose from: 75 Mbps ($133 a month), 100 Mbps ($177 a month), and 150 Mbps ($265 a month).
The cost of connecting FTTH via Gabon Telecom is $88.
The fiber optic Internet is best suited to terminate traffic since it is stable. The optimal Internet plan is Fiber Jet that provides up to 10 Mbps. This speed is sufficient for the operation of multi-channel VoIP equipment. Your expenses on the Internet will be $45 a month. With an average rate of $0.2 per minute in Gabon, the terminator can make over $150 via 1 channel of a hybertone goip gsm voip gateway. This income can make the business expenses minimal.