Norwegian mobile operator Telenor currently operates in 13 countries. There are the Balkans and other countries among them which are considered as perspective directions for international voice traffic termination. It is the largest telecommunication company in Norway and one of the largest international investor in the cellular communications market.
At the first half of 2017 the total number of connections to Telenor Group is about 180 million. The operator provides cellular services in the following countries:
- Bangladesh. Telenor operates under the Grameenphone brand in this country. It accounts for the bulk of subscribers in Bangladesh mobile sector. This is the company's first enterprise in the Asian telecommunications market. The number of connections is more than 50 million.
- Bulgaria. Telenor Bulgaria is the second largest GSM operator in the country; its services are used by more than 3.3 million people.
- Myanmar. Telenor Myanmar takes the second place by the number of subscribers in the country (more than 19 million).
- Denmark. Telenor Denmark is the 2nd largest mobile phone service provider in Denmark (1.8 million connections). Provides inexpensive cellular communication on a prepayment base.
- Hungary. The subscriber base of the operator has more than 3.5 million users; it takes the 2nd place in the market by the number of connections.
- India. Telenor serves every second resident of India. The number of connections is over 52 million.
- Malaysia. Telenor Group owns 49% of shares in the local company DiGi Telecommunications, which is the 3rd largest GSM operator in the country.
- Montenegro. Telenor Montenegro is the largest operator in the country, the number of connections is more than 3.2 million.
- Pakistan. Telenor Pakistan is the 2nd largest mobile operator in the local market, but at the same time it is the fastest growing operator. The subscriber base has about 36 million users.
- Serbia. Here the number of connections is more than 3.5 million; it is the 2nd GSM operator of the country by market coverage.
- Sweden. In this country the operator ranks the 3rd place of the connections numbers in the mobile sector (more than 2.5 million).
- Thailand. Telenor Group owns a share of the local telecommunications company DTAC, which is considered as the 2nd largest GSM operator in the Thai market. The number of connections is about 26 million.
Telenor Group also owns part of the shares of the international company VimpelCom, which provides cellular services in Russia, Italy and other countries under the brands Beeline, Orascom Telecom etc. You can choose a profitable route for voice traffic termination among the above mentioned countries.