The speed and stability of the Internet connection are important factors that affect the efficiency of VoIP traffic termination. When choosing a route for terminating international calls, pay attention to these parameters. We have prepared a rating of 5 Latin American countries that have the fastest Internet. This region is considered promising in terms of voice termination.
According to the Akamai 2017 (Quarter I) report, the following countries were included in the top five Latin American countries with the fastest Internet:
- Uruguay. The country won first place in the rating, surpassing Chile, which was the leader in 2016. The average speed is 9.5 Mbps.
- Chile. The average speed is 8.5 Mbps.
- Mexico. The average speed is 7.5 Mbps.
- Brazil. The average speed is 6.9 Mbps.
- Argentina. The average speed is 6.3 Mbps.
In general, out of 12 Latin American countries that were studied, only 3 countries showed a decrease in average Internet speeds. They are Venezuela (1.8 Mbps), Ecuador (6.2 Mbps), and Paraguay (1.4 Mbps).
Akamai also rated Latin American countries in terms of the speed of the mobile Internet. Peru was ranked the first, with an average speed of 8.3 Mbps registered. Next are Paraguay and Mexico (7.5 Mbps), Chile (7.2 Mbps), and Colombia (6.7 Mbps). These speeds are sufficient for a gsm cdma gateway to operate but we do not recommend using the 3G/4G Internet for GSM termination since it is not stable.