Due to the high rate (about 16 cents per minute) and thanks to the well-developed mobile sector, Burkina Faso is considered an attractive destination for terminating voice traffic. However, for the stable operation of gateways, a high-speed and low-cost Internet connection is also required. How much does it cost to connect the Internet in Burkina Faso?
The Internet penetration current remains low, which is 11%, with a population of 19.3 million. However, experts predict an improvement in the situation in the next few years. In the past year, the number of connections in Burkina Faso has increased by 21%.
Tariffs on Internet services are quite high, despite the fact that since 2011, the price policy in the country has become more democratic. The reduction in prices was due to the laying of fiber lines for access to the international cable. The leader on the Internet market in Burkina Faso is FasoNet (under the Onatel brand). There are about 50 Internet providers in the country but the major number of connections falls on FasoNet. It offers connection using EV-DO, ADSL, and LTE technologies.
The most optimal option is Internet ADSL. FasoNet offers several Teli packages that provide different download speeds:
- Teli @ 256 Kbps. The subscription fee is $22 a month.
- Teli @ 512 Kbps. The subscription fee is $34 a month.
- Teli @ 1 Mbps. The subscription fee is $ 76 a month.
- Teli @ 2 Mbps. The subscription fee is $146 a month.
- Teli @ 4 Mbps. The subscription fee is $280 a month.
- Teli @ 8 Mbps. The subscription fee is $665 dollars a month.
- Teli @ 20 Mbps. The subscription fee is $1,820 dollars a month.
- Teli @ 50 Mbps. The subscription fee is $4,700 dollars a month.
As you can see, the prices for Internet services are quite high, especially for access to high-speed Internet. Selecting the Teli packages depends on how much traffic you are going to terminate. For normal operation of one channel, a VoIP sip GSM gateway requires a minimum speed of 42 kbps. Given that the average income of the terminator in Burkina Faso is over $150 per one channel, we recommend that you connect Teli @ 512 Kbps or Teli @ 1 Mbps. Then your business expenses will be minimal. However, with such speed of the Internet, you can use only few-channel equipment for one location.