Uruguay provides high penetration of the Internet, which is 72%. More than 2.5 million users have access to the Global Network, with the majority preferring broadband access. The country does not provide cable connection services but access to wireless and fiber optic Internet is widespread. At the same time, voip voice rates allow you to make good money on the traffic termination in Uruguay. But how much money will the terminator have to spend on the Internet monthly?
The most popular Internet providers in Uruguay are Antel and Dedicado. Antel offers a lot of Internet plans for access to wireless and fiber-optic Internet at different download speeds. Dedicado has only 5 packages for home users, with a maximum speed of 8 Mbps but there is no information on rates on the provider’s official website.
Antel offers 3 standard Internet plans:
- Internet Basico. The cost is $ 33.5 per month. The download speed is up to 3 Mbps.
- Internet Plus. The cost is $ 44 per month. The download speed is up to 5 Mbps.
- Internet Premium. The cost is $ 60 per month. The download speed is up to 10 Mbps.
The provider also has 5 packages to access the fiber optic Internet:
- Fibra en tu hogar Basico. The cost is $35 per month. The download speed is up to 60 Mbps.
- Fibra en tu hogar Plus. The cost is $46 per month. The download speed is up to 120 Mbps.
- Fibra en tu hogar Premium. The cost is $67 per month. The download speed is up to 240 Mbps.
- Fibra + entretenimiento plus. The cost is $80. The download speed is up to 300 Mbps.
We recommend that you connect the Fibra en tu hogar Basico Internet plan to efficiently terminate voice traffic. If you spend $35 every month, you will get access to the Internet at speed up to 60 Mbps. This would be enough to run a lot of multi-channel VoIP equipment. In addition, the fiber optic Internet is considered the most stable, which plays an important role in GSM termination.