Zamtel is a state-owned mobile operator in Zambia, which began operations in 2003. Since then, it accumulated quite a large subscriber base (about 1.5 million). Large volumes of voice traffic are processed through Zamtel, though it is the smallest operator in the country. It’s start plans will perfectly suit for profitable VoIP GSM termination.
Operator’s SIM-cards are sold in Zamtel stores, supermarkets and other retail outlets, their cost is 50 cents per piece. There are many advantageous offers for prepaid subscribers, the 2 ranges among them, Chabeba Onnet Offers and All Networks Offers, are most suitable for termination.
The Chabeba Onnet Offers range includes several packages for a different number of minutes. It provides bonus minutes for calls within the network. There are tariff plans for a day, for a week and for a month:
- DAILY. 4 plans: for 25 minutes ($0.3), 30 minutes ($0.4), 80 minutes ($1), 125 minutes ($1.5).
- WEEKLY. 5 plans: for 190 minutes ($2.5), 225 minutes ($3), 290 minutes ($4.5), 380 minutes ($5), 485 minutes ($7.5).
- MONTHLY. 4 plans: for 700 minutes ($10), 765 minutes ($11), 1010 minutes ($15), for 1400 minutes ($20).
The All Networks Offers range includes plans for a week and for a month. It provides bonus minutes for calls to any operators:
- WEEKLY. 5 plans: for 105 minutes ($2.5), 130 minutes ($3), 185 minutes ($4.5), 212 minutes ($5), 330 minutes ($7.5).
- MONTHLY. 5 plans: for 460 minutes ($10), 730 minutes ($15), 1010 minutes ($20), for 1870 minutes ($35), 1910 minutes ($36).
The choice of the tariff plan depends on which operator's traffic you are landing. The best option is Chabeba Onnet Offer for 290 minutes (if you work with Zamtel traffic). With this plan, the price per minute of call will cost you about $0.01. Then the earnings will be about $ 400 from each channel (with gsm gateway cisco running for 5 hours a day).