Ooredoo is an international telecommunications company headquartered in the Republic of Qatar. It is one of the largest GSM operators in the world, with more than 114 million connections worldwide. The company provides cellular services in European and Asian countries, as well as in the Middle East and North Africa. Many of these countries are popular as destinations for GSM termination.
Today, Ooredoo operates in 9 countries:
- Qatar. More than 3 million connections.
- Oman. 2.5 million connections.
- Kuwait. 2.4 million connections.
- Iraq (as Asia Cell). More than 11.6 million connections.
- Algeria. More than 11.7 million connections.
- Tunisia. More than 7.3 million connections.
- Maldives. About 0.3 million connections.
- Indonesia. More than 68.5 million connections.
- Myanmar. More than 9 million connections.
You can choose one of these countries as a route to terminate international GSM traffic by placing your GSM gateways and SIM boxes there. The most promising countries in terms of investment in this business are the states of Africa as they provide cheap local mobile communication at sufficiently high voipo rates. For example, in Algeria, the average rate is $0.16- $ 0.21 per minute, in Tunisia it is $0.24 per minute.
There is also a fairly high demand for voice traffic termination services in Qatar where originators offer $ 0.1 per minute, on average ). Ooredoo occupies the main part of the mobile communication market in the countries listed above as it provides large amounts of international minutes. To get high profits, it is important to choose the best prepaid packages and reduce business expenses on the Internet connection.