Entrepreneurs who are interested in starting a business in the telecommunications industry are now increasingly looking at GSM termination. To date, this is one of the most promising and profitable directions for start-ups, which does not require large investments and quickly pays off. To make a profit, you will need VoIP equipment for converting VoIP calls to GSM format. Accordingly, you can earn on the difference in the cost of a minute of international and local calls. However, the equipment is not all that a beginner for a successful start.
We have prepared for you an instruction for newcomers in this business. Hopefully, it will help you form an idea of where to start, in order to successfully launch a start-up.
- Select the direction for the termination. To start terminating, first select the country where you will place the equipment. The most promising routes are the states of Africa and Latin America, as well as the Balkans. To obtain a high income it is desirable to choose a country where there are expensive international calls, and, at the same time, cheap tariffs for calls within the country. To terminate traffic, you will pay the company-originator at certain rates. In some countries, the rate (the cost of the termination service per minute) can be high, but local operators often block SIM-cards. If you do not know how to best protect your numbers from blocking, you might want to choose a direction with a lower rate, where SIM cards are blocked rarely.
- Rent a room to place your equipment. To redirect VoIP calls to GSM, you can use specialized equipment: VoIP GSM gateways, which you need to place in a certain location. To do this, you need a room, for example, a rented apartment or an office. It is recommended to place gateways in crowded places, where they constantly make cellular calls. It can be business centers, shopping malls, etc.
- Buy new SIM-cards. To redirect the operation of your GSM gateways, you will need new SIM-cards. Their number depends on the number of channels that you will use for termination. You will need 8 cards for one 8-channel gateway. Different countries have different conditions for purchasing subscriber numbers. In some regions, one person can buy only one card or have to produce documents. In any case, there is an opportunity to buy starter packs registered to other people's names from vendors on the street.
- Connect VoIP equipment to the Internet. For the efficient operation of GSM channels, a high-speed and stable Internet connection is necessary. It is desirable that the Internet should be fiber-optic. The minimum download speed for one channel is 42 Kbps. That is, for an 8-channel gateway, a speed of 336 Kbps is required.
- Select a traffic provider. A traffic provider is a company-originator, which was already mentioned above. It will pay you for the services of terminating traffic in a certain country, at certain rates. You can find a traffic provider on specialized thematic forums. GoAntiFraud provides its customers with reliable, time-proven originators.
- Install and configure special-purpose software. If you place equipment not in your country, you will need to remotely control the gateways. To do this, you will need specialized software. VoIP termination software allows you to computerize many actions related to setting up the operation of SIM-cards.
- Provide protection against the SIM-card lock. Since the terminators provide transit operators with alternative routes for terminating calls, local GSM operators track their activities as they lose their own potential profit. They use special analytical and callback programs. SIM-cards participating in termination are detected and immediately blocked. To minimize blocking of numbers, it is necessary to build a specific logic for the operation of SIM-cards in order to believably simulate the behavior of a real subscriber in GSM networks.
Successively following the above steps, you can successfully start your business in the GSM termination niche. It is quite difficult for a beginner to understand all the nuances without professional help and technical support. GoAntiFraud offers integrated VoIP business solutions to all those wishing to make money on termination. Experienced specialists will help you to set up the equipment, provide a convenient and easy to understand software, adapt your system to protect from the SIM-block to the features of your region of operation.