Voice termination is one of the most profitable business lines in the telecommunications industry. Every day, huge amounts of traffic are generated from around the world, and everyone can make money on it. As in any business, your profit from terminating VoIP traffic depends on many factors. One of them is the Internet connection that has gateways operating.
The connection quality depends on the quality of the Internet. In turn, the quality of the telephone conversation affects its duration. The terminator should have a minimum of short and "zero" (failed) calls because he literally makes money on every minute of conversation.
Let's consider 5 basic requirements to the Internet, which is used for traffic termination:
- Sufficient speed. To ensure the smooth operation of VoIP equipment, you need to connect the Internet at 42 Kbps, which is enough for 1 gateway channel. The more ports a GSM gateway has, the higher the speed is.
- Stability. In order to avoid communication breaks, the stable Internet is a must. 3G and 4G networks are not considered stable. Give preference to cable or fiber optic connection. Pay attention to the ping indicator: it should not exceed 200-300 ms. Otherwise, SIM-cards inserted into the gateway cannot "manage" to answer the GSM-antenna, with "delay" of the sound to appear eventually. This will negatively affect the quality of communication, making it impossible for subscribers to talk for more than a couple of seconds.
- Minimum package loss. This indicator should not be more than 5%. Otherwise, the signal will not be transmitted correctly, which will affect the duration of the call.
- Low jitter. This parameter indicates the "jitter" of the VoIP signal, which causes distortion of the voice during a call. As you may have guessed, high jitter will cause short calls. The indicator should not exceed 150 ms.
- A separate Internet channel. You cannot use the same Internet connection you have connected for personal use for termination. When downloading web pages and downloading files, the Internet channel is "clogged up". This lasts only for a few seconds, but it is at this time that communication hindrances occur, traffic is passing poorly, and subscribers got interrupted.
Do you want to make the most of GSM termination? You are welcome to become a GoAntiFraud client and enjoy 100% GoIP equipment productivity. Our servers are located around the world, providing minimal pings for the normal operation of gateways. If you do not have the opportunity to use the stable Internet, we will provide a separate Open VPN server for the operation of your voip gateway hardware. In addition, we have developed the SBO software module, which compresses Internet traffic 3 times. It will be useful for terminators that work in regions with poor Internet access.