Some mobile operators have the feature unpleasant for termination: voice balance notification. For example, when making an outgoing call say, "You have less than ... units on your account." The message, of course, misleads originator’s customers.
Naturally, to avoid the notification, you should replenish SIM-card balance. However, if you have a bank of 64 cards, it will take you 24 hours to top up each of them.
On the other hand, GoAntiFraud provides a tool to process SMS and USSD requests that automatically reduces your SIM-card topping-up in SIM-bank to five simple steps.
- Specify the pattern to request the balance (e.g. * 123 #).
- Specify the parameter to be read from the USSD / SMS response.
- Specify the number to be topped up (e.g. * 123 * # xxxx)
- Make up a list of top-up codes that the system fills in instead of xxxx.
- Set up the topping up limit (e.g. as soon as there is USD 5 left).
Now, when loading SIM-cards in the GoIP SIM-bank, all you need to do is to tie the cards to the operator’s pattern so that the system can automatically top them up.
More information on automatic unloading and loading the SIM-cards in GoAntiFraud here.