Have you decided to launch a GSM termination startup? Then you should know that in addition to VoIP equipment, you will need a lot of SIM cards. The cards are inserted into slots of GSM gateways, and calls are made from them to redirect VoIP traffic. There are some subtleties of buying starter packages for terminating traffic.
The most common problem beginner face is the frequent blocking of numbers by the operator. To minimize the risks of the SIM-block, use our tips for choosing SIM-cards.
- Do not buy cards with sequence numbers. If the last digits of numbers are in sequence, and you start using them at the same time: this will increase the risks of quick locking. Antifraud-systems of the operator will immediately detect the termination.
- Use SIM-cards registered to different individuals or legal entities. If several numbers are registered to one individual or legal entity: after termination is detected via one of the cards, all will be blocked.
- Buy SIM cards from different dealers in small lots. GSM operators often track dealers who sell numbers for termination. Therefore, there is a risk that the operator will block all SIM-cards that the dealer traded. It is not worth buying a large number of starter packages at once. It is better off ordering small lots from different dealers. In addition, there is an option to purchase cards at stands, 1-2 in one place.
- If possible, buy a number that was already in use. SIM-cards, previously used by real people, cause less suspicion among operators than just activated ones. Consequently, the probability of tracking by anti-fraud systems is significantly reduced.
- Buy SIM cards in your city. It is better to buy SIM-cards in your city so you can check them. If you order starter packages with shipment, agree on payment by cash on delivery (upon receipt).
- Turn to the dealer, whose clients are real subscribers. If real people, who have nothing to do with VoIP termination business, basically, purchase SIM-cards from the dealer, the probability of their tracking by the operator is minimal.
To reduce the frequency of blocking SIM-cards by anti-fraud systems, we also recommend connecting the equipment to the cloud-based service GoAntiFraud. Efficient tools for simulating human behavior will allow you to maximize the use of subscriber numbers.